About En Banc
Welcome to Vanderbilt Law Review’s Online Companion!
Vanderbilt Law Review En Banc is an online forum designed to advance scholarly discussion. En Banc offers professors, practitioners, students, and others an opportunity to respond to articles printed in the Vanderbilt Law Review. En Banc permits extended discussion of our articles in a way that maintains academic integrity and provides authors with a quicker approach to publication.
When reexamining a case “en banc” an appellate court operates at its highest level, with all judges present and participating “on the bench.” We chose the name “En Banc” to capture this spirit of focused review and provide a forum for further dialogue where all can be present and participate.
Vanderbilt Law Review En Banc publishes various forms of scholarship, including the following:
- Roundtables host debates among legal academics and practitioners, usually on notable cases pending before the U.S. Supreme Court;
- Responses to articles published either in the Vanderbilt Law Review or online with Vanderbilt Law Review En Banc;
- Essays written by scholars or practitioners on contemporary legal issues;
- Comments written by Law Review members; and
- Book Reviews, typically reviewing a piece of scholarship authored by a Vanderbilt Law faculty member.
To see what En Banc’s current submission needs are, please check our Scholastica page.