GLI Graduate Student Programming Grant
The Graduate Leadership Institute Programming Grant was established to support student-organized programs and events that will enhance the graduate student experience at Vanderbilt. Priority will be given to proposals that support the following core objectives:
- Create leadership and professional development opportunities for graduate students.
- Strengthen interdisciplinary networks on campus and promote collaboration.
- Build diverse and inclusive communities.
- Create meaningful opportunities for graduate student engagement.
Awards of up to $2000 will be granted through this funding opportunity. Additional funds may be available should the scale and impact of the program be deemed exceptional.
Students can apply as individuals or on behalf of a student organization on campus. To be eligible the primary applicant must:
- Be a registered graduate school student (PhD, MS, MA, MFA, MLAS) in good standing.
- Have completed a full year of academic study in the Graduate School.
- Have a co-sponsor(s) that will match at least 10% of the GLI amount awarded in the form of direct funds or an in-kind match (non-cash contribution of value: event space, food, etc.).
- Submit a complete application at least 5 weeks prior to the start of the program/event.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis during the academic year until funds are expended. Application Materials:
- Program Proposal (2-pages): Description & Rationale
Explain how the proposed program meets the above core objectives. Provide co-sponsor information. Outline expected attendance, promotion plan, and timeline. Provide anticipated outcomes and benefits of the proposed program.
- Program Budget (full event budget & specifically how the GLI funds will be used)
- Signed letter of co-sponsorship
Application materials must be submitted in PDF format via InfoReady
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact Irene Wallrich for application questions (615-343-7030 or email@example.com)