Honors Program in Jewish Studies
For JS majors only.
The Honors Program in Jewish Studies offers superior students a more intensive concentration within their major field. Admission to the program requires:
- A 3.3 cumulative grade point average.
- A 3.3 cumulative grade point average in Jewish Studies.
- Completion of the junior year.
Requirements for graduation with honors in Jewish Studies are:
- 6 credit hours in Honors sections (JS 4980–4981), including completion of thesis—these credit hours may count as elective credit toward the major. Honors thesis is to be completed by mid-spring of the senior year.
- Successful completion of an honors oral examination on the topic of the thesis.