Graduate Research Assistant
Clayton Cohn joined the OELE lab as a Graduate Research Assistant in Summer 2021. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Computer Science at Vanderbilt University. He completed both his BS in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Development and his MS in Computer Science with a concentration in Artificial Intelligence at DePaul University in Chicago, IL, USA. His research focuses on Natural Language Processing (NLP) in intelligent tutoring environments and conversational agents.
- Smart Nursing Learning Environment (SNLE)
- Automated evaluation of SPICE formative assessment (collaboration with DePaul University)
- Improving Automated Evaluation of Formative Assessments with Text Data Augmentation (accepted at AIED 2022)
- BERT Efficacy on Scientific and Medical Datasets: A Systematic Literature Review (Master’s Thesis)
- Identifying Causal Relations in Students’ Explanatory Essay with BERT (submitted to IJAIED, under review)