North House, located on The Ingram Commons, houses approximately 176 first-year students. An innovative renovation in 1989 transformed it into a modern residential facility that has numerous study areas and a sun filled atrium on the sixth floor. Further renovations in the summers of 2005 and 2006 updated the furnishings and finishes.
The first and second floors have private baths in each room. The third through sixth floors have community bathrooms. There is a residential staff member on each floor. The Faculty Head of House and Dean of Students Mark Bandas live in apartments North House. The building is fully air conditioned, corridors & common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have hard surface flooring.
North House was built in 1929.
Commodore Card access to building
Free University cable television service
Wireless campus network throughout the building
Several Study Areas (with 4 gas fireplaces)
A study room on the first floor
Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer
Custodial service in common area baths and corridors (weekly in private baths)
6th floor Atrium
|Loftable bed for each resident
Desk for each resident
Desk chair for each resident
Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
Wireless internet connection for each resident
Closet for each resident
Towel bar for each resident
Waste can for each room
Recycling bin for each room