Located on The Ingram Commons, East House provides modern features in a classic structure. Approximately 100 students live in East House in double and triple rooms. The building was completely renovated in 1987-88 and further renovations took place in the summers of 2005 and 2006. There is a study lounge, television lounge, and full size kitchen on the second floor. The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the second floor. Student rooms have hard surface flooring.
The building houses first-year men and women on separate floors with a staff member on each floor. The first floor consists of mechanical rooms, and the office of the Area Maintenance Supervisor.
East House was built in 1924.
Commodore Card access to building
Free University cable television service
Wireless campus network throughout the building
Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer
Custodial service in common area baths and corridors
Gas fireplace in lobby
|Loftable bed for each resident
Desk for each resident
Desk chair for each resident
Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
Closet for each resident
Telephone connection for each resident
Dataport for each resident (ResNet)
Towel bar for each resident
|Waste can for each room
Recycle bin for each room
Mirror for each room