November Graduate Student Spotlight
- Yan Sun, an Epidemiology Ph.D. student, had her first author paper published in Cancers
- Vanderbilt Ph.D. students and postdocs who traveled to Washington, D.C. for the Federal STEM Policy and Advocacy seminar
- Nathaniel Tran, a third-year Health Policy Ph.D. student, was awarded the Laurence G. Branch Doctoral Student Research Award by the Aging & Public Health section of the American Public Health Association.
- Monika Grabowska, a Ph.D. student in the Vanderbilt Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) and Department of Biomedical Informatics at VUMC, received her first funding support from MPRINT for her pilot study, titled “Developing and Mapping Pediatric Phecodes”.
- Benjamin Collins, MD, MA, a postdoctoral student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at VUMC, was awarded the 2022 Academic Forum Best Paper Award for his paper “Development of an Online Training Module on Algorithmic Bias in Health Care for Clinicians”, which he is presenting at AMIA 2022.
- Marco Barbero Mota, a master’s student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at VUMC, received the 2022 LEAD Trainee Scholarship Award
- Victor Borza, a Ph.D. student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at VUMC, received the 2022 Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDDM) Student Innovation Award for his AMIA 2022 paper titled “A Representativeness-informed Model for Research Record Selection from Electronic Medical Record Systems”.