Thursday, February 18th & Friday, February 1st
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
participants must commit to attending both sessions
APPLY to participate by Monday, January 18!
Today’s workplace requires more collaboration than ever before. Honing effective communication skills is essential for success – and well-being – throughout your career. Based on principles developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project by the authors of the bestseller Getting to Yes, this one-day Collaborative Communication Workshop is designed to help graduate students and faculty participants
- Influence people effectively, even when you don’t have direct authority
- Create buy-in for your ideas, even when you do have direct authority
- Ask for what you need – or say no – in a way that does not damage relationships
- Respond to challenges, threats, outbursts, and other difficult behaviors
- Identify and articulate your value effectively
- Prepare strategically for potentially difficult conversations
- Generate creative agreements in order to find “win-win” solutions
We ask that participants commit to attending both halves of the workshop
and to reading Getting to Yes ahead of time (book will be provided).
Program facilitated Mediation Works Incorporated (MWI)
Sponsored by the Graduate Life Coach the Russell G. Hamilton Graduate Leadership Institute