Now Accepting: Fall 2020 Applications
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- One semester of calculus
- Evidence of programming skills (courses or professional experience)
Candidates with training in multivariable calculus, linear algebra, computer science, advanced
programming techniques, calculus-based probability, calculus-based statistical inference, statistical
regression techniques are encouraged to apply. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements in math and programming, but have a background in the humanities, arts or bench sciences are also encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated passion to work at the intersection of computer science, statistics and the domain area of their choice. Most students will be encouraged to attend a math and/or programming boot camp prior to the start of the program. Select candidates will be asked to complete an online course to boost background skills.
- Unofficial transcripts
- GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical writing)
- TOEFL scores (for international students who do not hold a degree from a US institution)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose (3 pages maximum) constructed as follows: One to two pages describing your interest in data science and the field you hope to apply your skills in. One page or less describing your background in, and experience with, programming, computation and data analysis.
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
How to Apply
- Navigate to the application via the button below.
- Login and create an account. Be sure to use an email that you will have long term access to.
- Select Interdisciplinary Programs as the “Area of Study”.
- Select Data Science as your “Program”.