Team “D” Dream Team Third Project Reflection
Below is the “Dream Team’s” Emma project reflection:
- Name: David
- University: Vanderbilt University
- Graduation Year: 2017
- Major(s): Economics
- What is the most important lesson you learned or skill you gained by working on the Emma project? I was able to learn more about how to effectively use marketing on the internet. Initially when I thought of marketing, I always thought in terms of advertisements or television commercials. This project really allowed me to learn more about email marketing, and gain insight on a career I might be interested in pursuing in the future.
- If you could start the project over again, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? We would have focused a lot more on how to take our funny, creative video and utilize it so that customers would visit Emma’s website after viewing it. We found a creative idea, however, we didn’t find a way to implement it effectively and entice customers to switch to Emma.
- What is the most important thing you learned about yourself while working with your first team? The 360 survey was very big for me in realizing a lot of my strengths and weaknesses. I really took that feedback, and was able to make some changes that benefited me and the group as a whole. Also, I was thrilled about how well we got to know each other and how well we worked together while only being together for 3 weeks. Our group was very diligent and fun, and we really enjoyed our time together.
- What was your team’s greatest strength? What will you miss most about working with this particular group? Our greatest strength as a team was to never let any frustrations about the projects get in the way of our group dynamic. We were a very close knit group, and we sincerely enjoyed all the time we spent with each other. I am extremely grateful to have worked with such a great group, and it’s fantastic to see the tangible benefits we have received from all our hard-work together.