Below is team “Cash Cow Consulting’s” Emma project reflection:
- Name: Will
- University: University of Virginia
- Graduation Year: 2018
- Major(s): Undeclared
- What is the most important lesson you learned or skill you gained by working on the Emma project? Initially, I think the most difficult part was understanding what email marketing was and how we could help Emma. Learning how to adapt to a client’s needs and adapting in an unfamiliar field were my biggest takeaways from the Emma project.
- If you could start the project over again, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? Ask more questions. I would’ve made an effort to reach out more to Emma and our coaches to understand precisely what Emma was looking for.
- What is the most important thing you learned about yourself while working with your first team? I learned to be comfortable occupying different roles depending on the project. It’s easy to settle into group dynamics, but as a team we all made an effort to allow everyone a chance to work in different roles on each project.
- What was your team’s greatest strength? What will you miss most about working with this particular group? Our team was great at collaborating. In discussion, we always had a great back and forth. It could get tense sometimes, but we always ended in a better place than where we started.